Date Last Revised: November 2019
The information contained on the Privia website and our associated corporate sites, including the websites of our affiliated doctors and care centers, is for informational purposes only. It is neither intended nor implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice. You should always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified healthcare provider before starting any new treatment or if you have specific questions about your healthcare or a medical condition. Never disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking care because of something you have read on this website.
- Privacy & Security of your Personal Health Information is our top priority
- How we secure and protect your information
- How we use your non-Personal Health Information
- Your online navigation activity is only used to improve your experience
- We limit sharing your information with third parties
- You can easily access, update, and delete your personal information
- Contact us if you have any questions or concerns
1. PRIVACY & SECURITY OF YOUR PERSONAL HEALTH INFORMATION IS OUR TOP PRIORITY
2. HOW WE SECURE AND PROTECT YOUR INFORMATION
Providing security for personal information is a top priority of Privia Health. We spend a great deal of time, attention, and resources to help protect your privacy. The security procedures we employ include, but are not limited to:
- We use one of the highest standards of Secure Socket Layer (SSL) encryption technology in transmitting Personally Identifiable Information to our servers with a 256 Bit Extended Validation security certificate.
- We require both a username and password for users to access their information.
- Our servers are located in state-of-the-art secure data centers designed to protect some of the country’s most sensitive data, with professional security measures such as:
- 24×7×365 security guards
- 24×7×365 interior and exterior video surveillance
- 24×7×365 network operations monitoring center and on-site network engineering support
- Biometric security access through hand scanners
- Servers located in locked cages
- Hurricane proof buildings
- Redundant electrical systems and redundant emergency power generators
- Redundant HVAC systems
- We use firewalls to protect the information held in our servers.
- We back-up our systems and data regularly.
- We maintain audit trails of all activity on our servers.
- We provide a secure messaging tool so that your communications with your health team are sent through a secure, encrypted connection.
- We closely monitor the limited number of Privia Health employees who have potential access to your Personally Identifiable Information.
Despite Privia Health’s efforts to protect your Personally Identifiable Information, there is always some risk that an unauthorized third party may find a way around our security systems or that transmissions of your information over the Internet may be intercepted. You should always use caution when submitting personal information online.
3. HOW WE USE YOUR NON-PERSONAL HEALTH INFORMATION
4. YOUR ONLINE NAVIGATION ACTIVITY IS ONLY USED TO IMPROVE YOUR EXPERIENCE
When you visit our Site, we may collect certain non-personally identifiable information, such as your computer’s Internet protocol address, type of browser, and pages viewed. We use this information to understand how visitors navigate through our Sites and to enhance visitor experience.
5. WE LIMIT SHARING YOUR INFORMATION WITH THIRD PARTIES
Privia Health uses third party vendors and hosting partners to provide the necessary hardware, software, networking, storage, printing, packaging, mailing, customer service tools, and related technology to run our services. If we provide personal information to third parties, we only provide the personal information needed to deliver the service. They are required to maintain high standards of confidentiality and security when using personal information, and are explicitly prohibited from using that information for any other purpose. Sharing of your PHI is addressed in the Privia Notice of Privacy Practices.
We will also share your personal information if we are required to do so by law, or if we believe that doing so is necessary in order to conform to the law, cooperate with law enforcement agencies, comply with legal process served on Privia Health, or otherwise protect Privia Health’s legal rights.
6. CONTACT US IF YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS OR CONCERNS
950 N Glebe Rd, Suite 700
Arlington, VA 22203
Attention: Privacy Officer
If you have technical difficulty using our websites, please contact Privia Support at firstname.lastname@example.org.