Date Last Revised: November 2019
The information contained on the Privia website and our associated corporate sites, including the websites of our affiliated doctors and care centers, is for informational purposes only. It is neither intended nor implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice. You should always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified healthcare provider before starting any new treatment or if you have specific questions about your healthcare or a medical condition. Never disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking care because of something you have read on this website.
- Privacy & Security of your Personal Health Information is our top priority
- How we secure and protect your information
- How we use your non-Personal Health Information
- Your online navigation activity is only used to improve your experience
- We limit sharing your information with third parties
- You can easily access, update, and delete your personal information
- Contact us if you have any questions or concerns
- PRIVACY & SECURITY OF YOUR PERSONAL HEALTH INFORMATION IS OUR TOP PRIORITY
- HOW WE SECURE AND PROTECT YOUR INFORMATION
Providing security for personal information is a top priority of Privia Health. We spend a great deal of time, attention, and resources to help protect your privacy. The security procedures we employ include, but are not limited to:
- We use one of the highest standards of Secure Socket Layer (SSL) encryption technology in transmitting Personally Identifiable Information to our servers with a 256 Bit Extended Validation security certificate.
- We require both a username and password for users to access their information.
- Our servers are located in state-of-the-art secure data centers designed to protect some of the country’s most sensitive data, with professional security measures such as:
- 24×7×365 security guards
- 24×7×365 interior and exterior video surveillance
- 24×7×365 network operations monitoring center and on-site network engineering support
- Biometric security access through hand scanners
- Servers located in locked cages
- Hurricane proof buildings
- Redundant electrical systems and redundant emergency power generators
- Redundant HVAC systems
- We use firewalls to protect the information held in our servers.
- We back-up our systems and data regularly.
- We maintain audit trails of all activity on our servers.
- We provide a secure messaging tool so that your communications with your health team are sent through a secure, encrypted connection.
- We closely monitor the limited number of Privia Health employees who have potential access to your Personally Identifiable Information.
Despite Privia Health’s efforts to protect your Personally Identifiable Information, there is always some risk that an unauthorized third party may find a way around our security systems or that transmissions of your information over the Internet may be intercepted. You should always use caution when submitting personal information online.
- HOW WE USE YOUR NON-PERSONAL HEALTH INFORMATION
- YOUR ONLINE NAVIGATION ACTIVITY IS ONLY USED TO IMPROVE YOUR EXPERIENCE
When you visit our Site, we may collect certain non-personally identifiable information, such as your computer’s Internet protocol address, type of browser, and pages viewed. We use this information to understand how visitors navigate through our Sites and to enhance visitor experience.
- WE LIMIT SHARING YOUR INFORMATION WITH THIRD PARTIES
Privia Health uses third party vendors and hosting partners to provide the necessary hardware, software, networking, storage, printing, packaging, mailing, customer service tools, and related technology to run our services. If we provide personal information to third parties, we only provide the personal information needed to deliver the service. They are required to maintain high standards of confidentiality and security when using personal information, and are explicitly prohibited from using that information for any other purpose. Sharing of your PHI is addressed in the Privia Notice of Privacy Practices.
We will also share your personal information if we are required to do so by law, or if we believe that doing so is necessary in order to conform to the law, cooperate with law enforcement agencies, comply with legal process served on Privia Health, or otherwise protect Privia Health’s legal rights.
- CONTACT US IF YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS OR CONCERNS
950 N Glebe Rd, Suite 700
Arlington, VA 22203
Attention: Privacy Officer
If you have technical difficulty using our websites, please contact Privia Support at email@example.com.
Neither Privia Health nor any third parties provide any warranty or guarantee as to the accuracy, timeliness, performance, completeness or suitability of the Content found or offered on this Site for any particular purpose. The User acknowledges that such Content may contain inaccuracies or errors and use of any Content on this website is entirely at the User’s own risk, for which Privia Health shall not be liable. It shall be the User’s own responsibility to ensure that any Content available through this Site meet the User’s specific requirements.
This Site includes links to other web sites, but Privia Health does not endorse, sponsor, or accept responsibility for third-party sites. Content produced by Privia Health is neither affiliated with nor the responsibility of the clients or partners of Privia Health.
Privia Health requests that, according to standard academic practice, if a User uses the Content for any research that results in an article, a book, or other publication, the User list Privia Health as a source in User’s bibliography.
This Site is moderated by Privia Health, who reserves the right to exercise editorial control over user-generated content (e.g., blog comments). The User agrees that it will not contribute any Content that is infringing, libelous, defamatory, obscene, pornographic, abusive, offensive, or otherwise violates any law or right of any third party. Privia Health reserves the right to remove any Content from the Site at any time, for any reason or for no reason at all. The User agrees that all posted comments become the property of Privia Health. By posting a comment on one of our blogs, the User agrees that the comment may be reused by Privia Health or quoted in other media.
Comments or opinions expressed via comments on our blogs are those of their respective contributors only. The views expressed by outside contributors do not represent the views of Privia Health. Privia Health is not responsible and disclaims any and all liability for the content of comments.
All information provided by Privia Health, LLC (“Privia”) is for informational purposes only and does not constitute legal or medical advice from Privia. Although every reasonable effort is made to present current and accurate information, Privia makes no guarantees of any kind. Information on Privia websites is subject to change without prior notice; since clinical and legal developments occur daily, this site may contain outdated material.
Privia websites may contain and/or link to information that is created and maintained by a variety of sources both internal and external to Privia. These sites may contain the personal opinions and beliefs of the persons who post the entries. Privia does not control, monitor or guarantee the information contained in these sites or the information contained in other external websites, and does not endorse any views expressed or products or services offered therein. Clinical related information found on any Privia page should not be used for diagnosing purposes or be considered medical advice.
Privia assumes no responsibility or liability for any consequence resulting directly or indirectly for any action or inaction taken based on or made in reliance on the information, services, or material on or linked to a Privia website. In no event shall Privia be responsible or liable, directly or indirectly, for any damage or loss caused or alleged to be caused by or in connection with the use of or reliance on any such content, goods, or services available on or through any Privia website or external site or resource.
Federal copyright laws protect Privia’s blog posts and willful infringement may result in serious legal consequences. However, Privia consents to the copying of blog posts or articles if the copied material:
- Is clearly attributed to Privia Health and to the individual authors if they are named in the blog post.
- Is not presented in a way that suggests some other attribution.
- Is not sold, alone or as part of a collection, for more than the direct costs of reproduction and distribution.
Contact Privia for permission to reproduce commercially in any form.